Friday, June 20, 2008

Indio Cont.

We went hiking in Palm Springs(just 30min. from Indio), it was really pretty your driving in the desert then all of the sudden there's tonz of palm tree's, an oasis. It was so gorgeous! We saw a lot of lizards, my little brother spotted a huge one, we saw birds. On the second trail we were going to go on I saw two rattlesnakes which I freaked out about, they were 3 feet away from me so I told everyone that we had to go. They were both sleeping but still it was scary. Ryan, my dad & the kids were all standing around them taking picture's & Gabriel being the boy that he is threw a rock at them, luckily he missed! That trail was a habitat for rattlesnakes so we decided not to go on that trail, the park rangers said they would not harm us as long as we didn't bother them but we still decided not go. I absolutely hate snakes. We had so much fun hiking, Ryan & Gabriel fell in the water jumping from one rock to another. There was so much to look at, we didn't mind the 100 degree temp we had a lot of water with us. It was nice to getaway for the weekend. I can't wait for our next vacation, hopefully it's longer. Were planning to go to Utah for the 24th of July, I can't wait!


Ryan getting ready to BBQ some steaks. We had a great view on the patio at the resort. We would come out here at night & in the morning, it was beautiful.

No comments: