Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our weekend adventure

On august 12-15th we went to California. Ryan had a business meeting on the 12th in San Diego and asked me if I wanted to go with him, I told him yes "only if you turn your cell phone off and you don't take your laptop" you see if you ever spend time with him then you'll know that his cell phone is constantly going off and he checks his emails way too much, it drive's me craaaazzyyy! Well he did turn off his phone and used his laptop once because he said he had to check on orders which I was understanding of. We left the kids home with my parents(who I am so grateful for)and I flew in to LA on thursday night and Ryan picked me up. We had so much fun and I have to say no cellphone was absolutely awesome! I loved it and I got a 100% of Ryan's attention. It was so nice to have conversations uninterrupted by the cellphone or our beautiful kids. It was amazing to reconnect. We didn't ever argue once! which is so great, it felt like we were dating again, the excitement of being with eachother, I kinda forget when I'm in my everyday life of being married for 11years with three kids. We went to SIX FLAGS and had the best time! It wasn't busy at all, when the gates opened we were like little kids and ran to the X2(which is the best rollarcoaster!) and so did a bunch of other people it was pretty funny. We rode the rollarcoasters over and over till we couldn't walk anymore, we were so tired. We passed out as soon as our heads hit the pillow. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotels restaurant and it was just so great to have those conversations and really just be able to listen to eachother with nobody interuppting us. We also went to the Huntington Library which was incredibly beautiful! So much to see, it was a museum with beautiful gardens, we spent all day there. We also went to the Griffith Observatory an astronomy museum. They had these huge telescopes to look at the moon it was really cool. We finished our trip with a beach stop which was a little chilly but we did see a lot of dolphins jumping so spectacular! I really enjoyed our little getaway and I can't wait for the next one to fall all over in love with my man. Love ya babe!




Griffith Observatory


I got to sit with Albert Einstein



I loved this statue at the Huntington Library, they had tonz of beautiful statue's.



































3 comments:

Melanie B said...

so jealous! Looks like you to had a great time. Where did you stay in San Diego? I love San Diego

Marisol Bullock said...

Ryan went to san diego for his meeting then I flew into LA because we wanted to go to Six Flags. So we stayed there at the Marriot. It was a blast!

Meeks said...

Ugh, you are so lucky! You didn't tell me you went to six flags...I am happy you and your man got to have a little get away!!!

PS--I love this post, it shows your artistic side. LVU